Here is a complete current list of tools and equipment available to borrow from the Cincinnati ToolBank. This list includes the weekly tool handling fee for each tool. The list is subject to availability as other organizations may have a tool reserved for their projects on specific dates so we encourage member agencies to place their orders early to guarantee they get the items they need. Feel free to contact our staff if you need assistance in deciding what tools you will need for your project.
Summary of Fees
Rush Tool Orders: If we can accommodate an order and it is placed in the following time frames, the fees are as follows:
- Less than 2 business days: $25.00
- Less than 1 business day: $50.00
Cleaning Fees: Member Agencies are assessed a cleaning fee if tools are returned excessively dirty or returned with dried paint, caulk, mud, cement or other substances. Agencies are given the opportunity to clean tools before fees are assessed.
- Member agencies will be charged a $25 cleaning fee, per 1 hour of labor it takes ToolBank Staff to bring inventory back to a clean status.
- Table linens: The ToolBank charges an additional $5.00 cleaning fee per borrowed tablecloth. Members can avoid this charge by washing, drying, and folding their linens prior to return.
Tool Handling Fees: Member Agencies pay a Tool Handling Fee equal to 3% of the retail value of each tool borrowed per week. Tools may be borrowed from one to eight weeks. Click the Tool Inventory button above for a current list of tools and the weekly handling fee charged for each tool.
Late Fees: An overdue order accrues a weekly late fee of 6% of the retail value for each overdue tool until the tools are returned, replaced, or its replacement cost is paid in full (see list of values by using the “Tool Inventory” button above).
Replacement Fees: Member Agencies are assessed a replacement cost in the event that a tool is declared lost.
- If parts are missing that can easily be replaced, then you will only be charged replacement fees for those
- If a tool is lost, you do have the option of providing a replacement rather than paying the replacement Replacement tools must be comparable to the tool lost (i.e. same voltage) and in good working condition. ToolBank staff reserves the right to decline a replacement tool that does not meet these conditions.
*Please Note: We do not charge replacement fees for tools broken during their intended If a tool breaks, please be sure to return it with all parts to the ToolBank; otherwise, the tool will be declared lost and will result in a replacement fee.
1682 E Seymour Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45237
By appointment only
Tel (513) 246-0015
Fax (513) 285-7730
The Cincinnati ToolBank serves community-based organizations by providing tools, equipment, and expertise to empower their most ambitious goals.
Friday, June 9, 2023